Federal Budget 2023 Highlights
On March 28, 2023, the Federal Government released their 2032 budget. This article highlights the following financial measures:
• New transfer options associated with Bill C-208 for intergenerational transfer.
• New rules for employee ownership trusts.
• Changes to how the Alternative Minimum Tax is calculated.
• Improvements to Registered Education Savings Plans.
• Expanding access to Registered Disability Savings Plans.
• Grocery rebate.
• Deduction for tradespeople tool expenses.
• Automatic tax filing.
• New Canadian Dental Care Plan.