Being a single parent is a lot of responsibility. Learn how the right types of insurance can provide you and your family with the financial protection they need.
You may have had life insurance for as long as you can remember. You knew it was important to make sure that your family would be taken care of and be able to pay their bills if anything happened to you.
But now that you’re over 60, your children are grown, and your mortgage is paid off, you may feel you don’t need life insurance anymore. However, there are some circumstances under which it may still make sense for you to have life insurance:
• You still have substantial debt.
• You have dependent children or grandchildren.
• You want to be able to leave a financial legacy.
As a business owner, one of your challenges is learning how to balance between reinvesting into the business and setting money aside for personal savings. Since there are no longer employer-sponsored pension plans and the knowledge that retirement will come eventually, it’s important to have a retirement plan in place.
We’ve put together an infographic checklist that can help you get started on this.
You know you need life insurance – but you’re not sure which kind is best for you. There are two main kinds of life insurance:
• Permanent, which lasts for your entire life. Premiums can be more expensive, but you can also use the policy to build up cash value.
• Term, which is only good for a set amount of time. Premiums are less expensive, and you cannot build up cash value – but coverage is easy to get and understand.
We can help you determine which type of insurance is best for you and how much it will cost you.
Life insurance is something you can use at any age. Whether you’re in your 20s or approaching retirement, you can benefit from having life insurance. Our article, “When should I buy life insurance”? can help you understand:
• What the two main types of life insurance are – term and permanent
• When term insurance is better for you and when permanent insurance is
• How life insurance can benefit you at different ages
• What costs life insurance can help your loved ones’ cover
It’s important to review your life insurance regularly to ensure your policy is up-to-date and see if you require any coverage changes. Here are some reasons you may need to update your life insurance:
• You’ve gotten married or divorced or had a baby.
• You’ve changed jobs.
• You’ve taken on some debt.
• You’re supporting additional family members.
• You’ve bought a new home.
• A loved one has a change in their health.
Managing your finances raises a number of topics but none as tricky and potentially unpleasant as planning for your family and finances in the event that you pass away or become incapacitated. Understandably, these questions are often ignored by many—but don’t fall into the trap of avoiding these difficult matters. Good estate planning will help to make sure that your wishes are carried out, and your family and assets are well protected.
You most likely do, but the more important question is, What kind? Whether you’re a young professional starting out, a devoted parent or a successful CEO, securing a life insurance policy is probably one of the most important decisions you will have to make in your adult life. Most people would agree that having financial safety nets in place is a good way to make sure that your loved ones will be taken care of when you pass away. Insurance can also help support your financial obligations and even take care of your estate liabilities.
One of the financial planning issues that business owners face is how to access their corporate earnings in a tax efficient way. Please contact us to learn how we can get more money in your pocket than in the government’s.
For business owners, making sure your business is financially protected can be overwhelming. Business owners face a unique set of challenges when it comes to managing risk. Insurance can play an important role.
Clients are always surprised at the simplicity of my financial solutions. In my experience, the real challenge lies in seeing the big picture and analyzing all the working parts. By delivering an approachable plan, I help my clients clarify the path to their goals. I feel lucky to do this work; I get to help people from all walks of life that are doing well in the world.